Skilled litigation paralegal with courtroom counsel table experience.
Areas of Expertise
- Litigation record management including homeowner, developer, contractor, and subcontractor records
- Site inspection coordination between association managers, consultants, experts, and homeowners
- Drafting of discovery and trial documents
Marcia lives by the “thirty second rule.” As a litigation paralegal, you must be able to get your hands on any document in thirty seconds or less, whether sitting in your office or sitting in a courtroom. This takes an exceptionally organized and efficient professional when you’re literally managing millions of pages of records. With more than two decades of litigation experience, Marcia has honed this talent and has developed a thorough understanding of trial practice and procedure.
Marcia has enjoyed providing a litigation paralegal overview to numerous introductory paralegal classes at JFK University’s ABA-approved paralegal program. Says Marcia, “I’m there to give them a perspective on what it’s like to be a litigation paralegal, with the ultimate goal of going to trial.” Marcia has been on the program’s Advisory Board since its inception. The Board regularly reviews the course of study and ensures bar association requirements are met.
Experience & Background
- With HGCT since 2013
- More than 25 years’ experience as a litigation paralegal
- Courtroom counsel table trial experience in Alameda, Contra Costa, Napa and Sacramento counties
- Extensive background in personal injury law, specializing in catastrophic injuries and wrongful death litigation
- Significant case experience in insurance bad faith, legal malpractice, business fraud, and medical malpractice
Advisory Board, JFK University Paralegal Program (2006-present)
St. Mary’s College of California
- BA in Legal Studies, awarded with honors
- Paralegal Certificate
California State University, Hayward
- Paralegal Certificate
GET TO KNOW MARCIA
Once sat in the pilot’s seat of an airline simulator and “flew” a 747 from Dallas/Fort Worth to Heathrow – and “crashed” the plane. Instructor nicely advised, “don’t quit your day job.”
- Although Italian, can swear in Lebanese
- Enjoys “Cocktails & Cigars” every Wednesday evening with friends
- Considers Aruba to be the perfect vacation spot
First job was at Minnie Pearl’s Chicken in Cleveland – and yes, she greeted customers with a big “How-deeeee!”
Church finance council (2003 to present)
Awards & Honors
Honorary member of Lambda Epsilon Chi, JFK University chapter, awarded for outstanding work with the paralegal program.
Presentations & Publications
Litigation and Trial Preparation for Paralegals
- Guest speaker, Paralegal Introductory Class
JFK University Paralegal Program